Saturday, November 22, 2014

Chemo Day Plus One

Ace saw Dr. Tarantola yesterday before he had chemo.  Dr. Tarontola was optimistic and mostly talked sports in the office.  We went in early (8:30 AM)  Got out of the Cancer Center 2PM.  It doesn't seem to matter what time we go in we are always there 5 or 6 hours. Ace was given Benedryl and slept most of the time he was there and slept all the way home.  When he got home he slept some more.  When he finally woke up it was time to go to bed and of course, he was up most of the night.  He is tolerating the chemo very well.  He is less afraid of the chemo than he is of the 100 mg of prednisone he takes for 5 days each time he has chemo.  He thinks and I'm sure he is correct, the prednisone has a worse effect on him than the chemo.  I know it effects me.  He is cranky, nervous and anxious the 5 days that he takes it every three weeks.  He doesn't sleep very well while he is on it and has no patience.

1 comment:

  1. Tell Grandpa I am thinking of him constantly, if he ever gets bored he can text or call me whenever. I love you both and I am extremely proud to be apart of such a loving family.

    ReplyDelete