Ace had a rough night. He started to go into the same kind of episode he had in Des Moines and yesterday. He got up and moved and changed his position. Maybe the windpipe was pinched, but he was able to avert passing out. I called Dr. Whalen and told him Ace was on the verge of blacking out again and he said take him to emergency again and perhaps we should put him in hospital for observation. I told him we needed to move up the appointment with Dr. Coughlin to tomorrow if possible. He is going to call Dr. Gott who made the arrangements for Monday and Dr. Gott would call Dr. Coughlin's office and see what we can do quicker than Monday. I think it's going to be very long weekend if they don't do something.
Dr. Whalen called back and said if Ace shows signs of passing out, take him directly to the Med Center Emergency. That's 30 minutes away. Dr. Gott is out of his office today so there will be no help there. I called Dr. Coughlin's office and left message. Doctors offices do not answer phones anymore. I left message for a PA to return call. My guess is that I will not even get a call back. I'm not sure what step to take next. If I have to take him to the Med Center Emergency, I'm going to insist that they keep him for observation. Dr. Whalen said they might do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment